Friend, Happy New Year.
I believe that you are well kept of the Lord and that this 2018, God will cause you achieve your God-given purpose. My wife and I are thankful to God for 2017 and excited about what God is going to do in 2018.
This year, allow God to bring you to the other side, the uncommon side.
In Mark 4:35-40, Jesus told the disciples “Let us pass over unto the other side”. As they begun the journey, a storm arose and waves beat against the ship so that it was soon filled with water. The disciples became anxious and woke Jesus up who was asleep in the back of the ship. Jesus arose, rebuked the wind and calmed the sea.
Friend, this year 2018, God will allow you to step into your Goshen, your broad place. Expect God to do this – He has a new plan for you this year. Get ready, get ready, get ready.
From this story, I would like us to note the following seven points:
1. Note that the Bible says that Jesus spoke the words “Let us pass over unto the other side” in the evening.In other words, the day was far spent. Friend, God is not limited by time. He can speak to you in the morning of your life, the afternoon, or the evening. For Him it is never too late. So this year, be attentive and expect to hear from Him at an unexpected time.
2. Friend, when God releases a word, no force of darkness can stop it. Gods word will never fail. Jesus said “Let us pass over unto the other side”. The promises of Jesus over your life will come to pass in Jesus mighty name. Amen. This year, you are moving to your destined location, yes, you are moving to your destined position in Jesus mighty name. Amen. I declare that no weapon formed against you will succeed. May the fire of God destroy all the schemes of the enemy trying to derail your purpose in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
3. Jesus never told the disciples the means by which they would cross over. He did not say we will use the boat to cross over. The disciples assumed that they would cross over by boat. Jesus may have wanted to cross on dry land. My prayer is that this 2018, may your ears will be sensitive to God´s instructions. Do not assume that God will act in a particular way. He does not necessarily do things the same way every time. David, even though an expert soldier, often inquired of the Lord on what to do when confronted with situations. May your ears hear that voice behind you saying “this is the way, walk ye in it”.
4. The Bible says Jesus was asleep in the boat. Friend, Jesus could not and cannot drown. The storm could not destroy him. If Jesus is in your ship, it cannot sink and you cannot drown. All things were made by Him and for him (Collossians 1:16-17).
5. Jesus rebuked the wind. This 2018, we rebuke the winds – forces that would want to terminate your destiny. They may be unseen and coming from places you least expect but they will not prevail.We declare in the name of Jesus, the name that is above every other name, that even even though a thousand may fall on your side and ten thousand at your right hand, nothing shall come near you in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
6. Jesus calmed the sea and declared “peace be still”. I declare in Jesus mighty name that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will be your portion this 2018. I muzzle every turbulence or anxiety that the enemy would want send you way in Jesus mighty name. Amen. We speak peace over your home, workplace, ministry, finances and your business. Indeed may you experience peace all around.
7. The disciples were awed and wondered who was This Man that even the wind and sea obeyed Him. They realized that Jesus has power over all things. This same Jesus spoke to a fig tree as well as a dead boy in Nain. He even called Lazarus, back to life,a man that had been dead for three days . This Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. In 2018, expect this great God to do great and mighty things.
Friend, may God bless you mightily, may He cause his face to shine upon you and cause you to cross over to the other side, the blessed side, your Goshen, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.